Last week's HPC Fire Inspired™ Tech Talk focused on the importance of CSA Certification. This week we are going to talk about an equally important certification, NFI Certification. The National Fireplace Institute® (NFI) is the professional certification division of the Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Education Foundation (HPBEF), a 501(c)3 non-profit educational organization for the hearth industry. NFI's objective is to increase public safety by establishing meaningful credentials for professionals involved in planning and installing residential hearth appliances and venting systems. Individuals who have completed the appropriate training and testing are able to become NFI Certified.
Why NFI Certify?
- Customers Are Demanding It…
- Manufacturers Recommend It…
- NFI Certification is recommended by the Environment Protection Agency…
- Being NFI Certified is an excellent selling point to customers by giving them the extra comfort knowing that they are dealing with a technician and a retailer that is not just meeting their expectations, but EXCEEDING them
- Building officials prefer to work with certified contractors who have demonstrated their commitment to professional excellence
- Manufacturers prefer qualified installers because they know their products are more likely to be installed correctly
- Consumers feel more confident hiring certified specialists because of their experience and knowledge
- HPC has a full team of NFI Certified Technicians to support these Builders, Manufacturers, and Consumers